Want to remodel my kitchen green in Miami ?

I have always wondered what is best way to build a new green kitchen without reusing old be up materials that are hard to restore. In a recent RealtorTV video many of my questions were answered.

First of all cabinets. Since are not many FSC certified cabinet makers in South Florida I was wondering what would be the best option. Bamboo !! It looks great,sustainable, and long lasting and grows about 4 ft a day.. For the counter tops I prefer recycled glass from Vetrazzo but the new 100 % recycled paper products out on the market are really nice also. Since I live in Miami and terrazzo floors are so common here it RG mirrors the look and feel I like.

Energy Star appliances and low flo faucets are a must. One unique feature of the video was the built in composting bin. I loved it. Definitely will recommend that to my clients if they do a remodel. LED lighting is also a big consideration, it emits no heat and lasts for over 50,000 hours and is a wonderful energy saver when entertaining a night.
I found this video really usefull for what to look for in the new Green kitchens of today.

Looking for a real estate agent that can help you buy,sell,lease,retrofit,remodel or planning your next dream Green home. Email me at Chartingacourse@gmail.com.


Carlos del Amo
President/Broker
Smart Growth Realty,LLC

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Opening Day experience at AIA national convention on Miami Beach

Aston Penthouse 3000 Coral Way Apt 1606 for sale

Foreign investors are buying up distressed condos at Epic and Wind in Miami